Many people suffer from the unwanted marketing messages and calls made by the mobile network operators. These messages and calls are extremely annoying, and there is no way proper information on how to activate this service. This service was formerly called DND (Do Not Disturb), which now transformed to NCPR (National Consumer Preference Register) by the TRAI (The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India). Previously, people who subscribed to DND had chances to receive the unsolicited promotions calls from their mobile network operators. With NCPR, the chances of receiving these unwanted messages is almost zero.
According to NCPR, a mobile customer in India can stop all the unwanted marketing calls and messages whenever he/she wants. This service can give you the option of selecting various options according to your requirement.
All the service providers will have the same set of instructions to register for the do not disturb service. You can activate DND from your mobile by just calling 1909 and selecting the options, or by sending a simple SMS to 1909. This message is similar to all the mobile network operators in India, and check out the various companies and their registration process to start your DND service.
And if you are already registered, and then check your NCPR (old DND) Subscription status here.
How to Activate Do Not Disturb India Registration
This process of activating do not disturb service is all same for Aircel, Airtel, BSNL, Tata DoCoMo, Idea Cellular, Loop Mobile, MTNL, Reliance Communications, MTS India, Tata Indicom, Uninor, Vodafone and etc.
Fully Blocked Category
Send SMS at START 0 to 1909 or Call at 1909
Partial Blocked Category
- Send SMS at START 1 to 1909 to block Banking – Insurance – Financial Products – Credit Cards
- Send SMS at START 2 to 1909 to block Real Estate
- Send SMS at START 3 to 1909 to block Education
- Send SMS at START 4 to 1909 to block Health
- Send SMS at START 5 to 1909 to block Consumer Goods & Automobiles
- Send SMS at START 6 to 1909 to block Communication – Broadcasting – Entertainment – IT
- Send SMS at START 7 to 1909 to block Tourism
You can also De-Register the DND service to receive the marketing calls and messages in future. To do that, just send an SMS STOP and send it to 1909. You can also call 1909 to cancel the service.
Key points to remember with DND registration:
- DND (NCPR) cannot block your bank SMS alerts, bank communications, online bookings, third party personal calling, and etc.
- It takes minimum 7 days to process your request to stop the unwanted messages.
- You should have atcleast 3 months of time before applying to new DND request after the previous one.
- Calls and messages to 1909 is completely toll free, and you don’t have to pay anything.
I hope this information will help you to cut down the unwanted messages and calls automatically before reaching you. Please leave your queries on this issue in the below comments section.